Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer contract position, location in Aberdeen
This position is a discipline engineer within the maintenance and inspection department of the asset and provides technical/engineering advice and support in relation to maintenance / modification activities.
- Budget spender - responsible for ensuring that jobs are done efficiently and in accordance with approved budgets. Management and approval of repairs.
- Manage the cost control process within budget for routine and non-routine jobs and modifications.
- Raise requisitions in the CINDY system for services and for procurement of materials.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with site personnel through effective communication and by making regular visits to operated assets.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors.
- Provide technical input to contract tenders and negotiations relating to maintenance services.
- Manage technical application of contract services, taking a lead role in the involvement/co-ordination of, and interface between, onshore/site/offshore teams/contractors ensuring effective communication and understanding between appropriate parties.
- Provide technical input on contractor performance to contract analyst / SQM meetings.
- Develop positive and constructive relationships with contractors and suppliers. Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier performance, reduce costs and improve the quality of services/products supplied.
- Monitor the efficiency of preventive strategies for the maintenance, inspection and operation of plant/equipment to ensure that all plant and equipment meets verification and compliance requirements and fit to the workload availability of contractors.
- Apply LEAN process to optimise maintenance in accordance with the minimum maintenance guidelines.
- Technical assessment of planned maintenance change requests and technical justification deferrals of CAT A maintenance.
- Provide technical support to the site especially regarding medium / long term issues: MPP A motor recertification, LV switchboards repairs and inspection / Maintenance related to the specific damage mechanism, HV arc chute issue (asbestos), implementation of a project for replacement of the most critical devices, ... It will include the organisation of vendors interventions, supply direct support to site requests (vendors, spare parts, repairs, tools, technical procedures...), ensure progress of top 10 priorities, provide accurate data for the 6 weeks and 90 days planning and ensure maintenance activities are appropriately prioritized.
- Provide specialist technical/engineering advice and guidance to site/offshore personnel on the operation and maintenance of plant/equipment ensuring highest safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations.
- Encourage the reporting of all incidents, ensure that incidents are investigated and action incident close-outs as appropriate.
- Conduct ad-hoc technical surveys on site/offshore and at vendor/repair locations, providing detailed technical reports identifying problems and solutions and ensuring optimum performance from contractors.
- Ensure application of work is done in accordance with approved maintenance procedures. Provide feedback on procedures as part of continuous improvement process.
- Issue or review the required PMCR to optimize the preventive maintenance activity. Proactively monitor, review and analyse plant and equipment performance and provide feedback to Line Management, identifying opportunities to maximise production and performance and share best practice.
- Prepare scopes of work and manage simple mono-disciplines modifications ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented and reported, and that all maintenance activities/modifications are implemented in accordance with statutory/Company standards and correctly closed-out within schedule and budget. Manage actions in stream in accordance with priority and target end dates.
- Prepare scopes of work for vendor services, make recommendations on preferred contractors and co-ordinate vendors, materials and equipment for planned and unplanned activities, monitoring and controlling manpower usage, vendor/contractor performance and expenditure. Lead, as appropriate, in vendor/contractor audits.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and effective manner and that all interventions are controlled by authorised persons, satisfy statutory and Company standards and that no hazardous incidents or events occur.
- Provision of specialist technical/engineering advice and guidance to site/offshore personnel.
- Contributes to the technical decision-making process relating to discipline.
- Ensure that jobs undertaken in accordance with budget.
- Ensure highest safety standards and continuity and optimisation of hydrocarbon production.
- Develop and maintain productive and constructive relationships with site-based/offshore personnel, onshore operations/technical teams and external contractors/vendors.
- Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline.
- Demonstrable engineering experience in the oil & gas industry, including offshore/site experience.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards chartered engineer status.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation/regulations relevant to discipline.
- Significant knowledge of offshore/terminal plant and equipment and maintenance systems.
- Recognised level of Company expertise in technical discipline.
- Full suite of current offshore survival training and medical certification