Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Global Security Analyst located in Houston, TXthrough March 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Global Security is charged with providing high-quality, cost-competitive and reliable services with operational excellence. The organization is committed to supporting its diverse customers and achieving their respective business objectives through the delivery of programs designed to protect Chevron's people and assets, thus creating superior value for Chevron shareholders, customers, partners, employees and the countries in which we operate. Outstanding individual and collective performance of the Global Security organization will help the Corporation achieve its vision—to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnerships and performance.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Providing timely, proactive and strategic analysis of geopolitical and security risks in Latin America that could affect Company personnel, operations, assets, and business interests.
- Closely monitoring and assessing evolving regional threats and potential crises, which may require working outside of normal business hours.
- Traveling frequently (25% of time) to relevant company locations throughout the region to assess the evolving risk landscape, understand key business challenges, and build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Liaising frequently with regional and industry subject matter experts, both internal and external.
- Working closely with Regional Security Advisors and contributing to the mitigation of risks through the company's Security Risk Assessment Program.
- Staying flexible and being willing to function as a generalist, monitoring issues and providing analytic assessments of other security-related risks, when needed.
- Master's or advanced degree in a relevant field (such as international relations, regional studies, history, economics, political science).
- A minimum 7 years of experience as a professional analyst with the government, or as a private sector security or political risk analyst, focused on Latin America.
- Extensive subject matter expertise pertaining to geopolitics, regional security issues, and energy production or energy markets, particularly in Latin America.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with peers as well as with senior management.
- Ability to build successful relationships across organizations and cultures.
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work independently but also must be willing to take work direction and collaborate effectively with other team members to support business needs.
- Previous experience living or working in the region.
- A valid passport and willingness to travel internationally.
- Ability to qualify for a US government security clearance.
- Significant understanding of, or previous experience in, the energy industry.
- Extensive network of relevant subject matter experts in the US and throughout the region.
- Portuguese language skills a plus.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that is is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.