Skills: Chemist, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Quality Control Chemist located in Jurong Island, Singapore through March 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides Laboratory support to Operations, Process Engineering, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Oronite Global Technology and Product Line Management teams
- Reviews and updates Quality Control methods and procedures for the laboratory
- Develops analytical data needed for commercialization of new additive packages
- Provides lab blend study inputs, conducts review in approval of formulations and specifications for new and existing packages
- Responsible for all laboratory work requested as part of a customer complaint or support; this includes customer visits on complaints, round robin testing, answering customer queries and effectively resolving test result discrepancies
- Manages shipment of samples to customers and other Oronite plants to support sales initiatives
- Evaluates components from alternate suppliers and their impact in additive packages as part of assessment of their suitability for plant use
- Evaluates new raw materials to assess suitability for use in plant processes
- Maintains raw materials and products specifications in StarLIMS and ensures alignment with SAP inspection plans
- Manages StarLIMS system as Administrator and resolves day-to-day issues with supports from IT team
- Initiate enhancement projects to StarLIMS and digital innovations to improve efficiency and productivity in laboratory operations
- Provides daily support to laboratory shift teams in resolving SAP-StarLIMS interface issues; manages Usage Decisions and other relevant modules in SAP as Lab SAP power user
- Reviews Statistical Quality Control (SQC) data of plant blends and seek opportunities for test reduction
- Responsible for laboratory studies to establish component and additive compatibility data to facilitate plant blending process
- Supports Process Engineering and Operations teams in conducting product work-off studies
- Participates in the Non-Conformance Advice Requisition (NAR) Committee and handles acceptance or rejection decisions of purchased raw materials and components
- Provides lab support for third party blending and drumming activities
- Provides product GHS labeling related advice as SME
- Plays an active role in the laboratory's continuous improvement using Lean Sigma methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University with more than 5 years of experience in analytical testing of an Oil/ Petroleum/ Petrochemical or Lubricant Additives Manufacturing facility
- Strong knowledge in Analytical Chemistry with operating knowledge of instruments like ICP, XRF, FTIR, GC, HPLC, Auto-titrator, Auto Viscometer and other Petroleum testing equipments
- A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Petroleum Testing Methods and familiar in ASTM, IP and APHA Test methods
- Experience in StarLIMS and SAP (Quality Module) systems
- Knowledge in Statistical Quality Control Techniques
- Knowledge in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Certification procedures
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in cross functional environment
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.