Skills: Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Malaysia Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance and Construction Lead located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia through March 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage maintenance activities at retail and commercial & industrial (C&I) facilities. Manage vendor contracts and other government relations. Ensure appropriate project management and OE/HES practices are provided to deliver against objectives. Develop strategies, establishing quality criteria, technical specifications for maintenance
- Accountable for Maintenance expenses and Capital projects planning, execution and safe and timely completion of the projects. Key participant in development of the annual budget and contracting plan. Project Monitoring for status and forecasts on spend. Identify/implement appropriate actions to provide continuous expense reductions
- Ensure that OEHES practices are understood and implemented, by both internal and external work groups. Provide assistance to OEHES for training and ensures compliance of HES policy. Coordinate with retail, C&I and EMC to completed site risk assessments for site closures and divestments
- Responsible for oversight of purchasing agreements, contracts, contract administration, expenditures and forecasts within M&C function. Include contractor and vendor performance management. Responsible for control and documentation of plant, property, and equipment inventory records for Chevron assets
- Develop, coach, and mentor M&C organization employees, including planning and initiating programs to improve customer service and project delivery
- At least Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferably in Civil, Mechanical or electrical
- 10 years of experience in maintenance and construction of retail petrol service stations or chemical/energy facilities
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical & mechanical equipment including but not limited to underground storage tanks, fueling systems, convenience store and other facilities (i.e. auto tank gauging, vapor recovery, fire-fighting, plumbing, drainage systems and POS systems)
- Familiar with statutory requirements for constructing, maintaining and operating petrol service stations/energy or chemical facilities
- Able to manage Contractors to meet Company's requirement on Health, Environment and Safety
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects within assigned scope, timeframe and budget
- Able to supervise the Maintenance and Construction team as well as to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Mobility to sites within Malaysia and Singapore
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.