Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron (Thailand) Ltd. is a subsidiary wholly owned of Chevron Corporation, the third largest global energy company in terms of global oil reserves, and the fourth largest in terms of global oil and natural gas production.
Established in 1948, Chevron (Thailand) Ltd. has been serving retail and commercial customers in Thailand for over a half a century through its Caltex brand. The company has a nationwide network of approximately 400 retail outlets. It distributes various fuels, including premium and regular gasohol, unleaded gasoline and diesel. Additionally, the company markets and distributes an extensive range of quality lubricants, including automotive engine oil and industrial lubricants.
Chevron (Thailand) Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Chief Corporate Counsel located in Bangkok, Thailand through March 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position is The Chief Corporate Counsel supervises a legal team that supports the oil/gas businesses in Thailand, that includes a network of retail outlets, convenience stores, and fuel terminals and marketing and distribution of lubricants. The attorneys on the team provide a complete array of legal services, including commercial and transactional support, litigation and litigation management, and advising business leaders and other company personnel. The position reports to the Supervising Counsel located in Singapore.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supervising two attorneys and one non-attorney. This includes formulating team strategies and objectives, providing work direction, giving advice, and reviewing work product as necessary. It also includes hiring, performance management, compensation, and career development of personnel
- Ensuring that expenses of team are maintained within budget
- Working closely with Law management, including reporting on team activities and deployment of Law initiatives
- Independently participating in the team's substantive work, including supporting commercial and litigation matters. Typical tasks include providing timely, fit-for-purpose oral and written advice to business clients and Law management on projects, transactions, and disputes; drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts; and participating in, and managing, litigation
- Engaging with senior business leaders and working collaboratively with businesses to understand their strategies and priorities in order to provide excellent legal support
- Providing proactive and comprehensive general corporate and legal advice in accordance with company's policies and procedures, applicable laws, and the company vision and values, including those in areas of antitrust, anti-corruption, conflict of interest, corporate governance, health, environmental, safety, information protection, and international trade
- Training clients on legal topics, including compliance and contracting
- Effectively partnering with and selecting, instructing and managing outside counsel (including managing selection and establishing and managing outside counsel budget and costs)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Laws (LL.B.) and qualified to practice law in Thailand
- At least 10 years of experience with leading the Legal Function and and supervising the attorney team
- Strong legal knowledges preferably in businesses (preferably in oil, gas, energy industrials) and labor laws
- Connection with external local legal parties is a must
- Strong communication skills in both Thai and English with at least 800 TOEIC score.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize works
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work collaboratively with clients, other in-house counsel, external counsel, and Law Department professionals
- Ability to effectively analyze, manage, direct, and report on a high volume of complex and diverse issues
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Willing to learn, takes initiative, and proactive
- Litigation experience
- Modest amounts of travel will be required
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.