Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for an Electrical Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 6 months.
You will join the Electrical Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore, oil & gas facilities. Engineering personnel are involved in the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment and comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design personnel are generally involved in layout and 3d modelling of electrical equipment and cable management systems, draughting and calculation of lighting, material quantities and weights.
- Ensure draughting work is completed within the allocated hours and in accordance with the programme.
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, etc.
- Supervision of draughting personnel and allocation of work.
- Implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project Policies and Procedures.
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Experienced designer with sound technical background and in depth knowledge of CAD draughting techniques.
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function.
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and draughtspersons.
- Able to liaise with project/lead engineers at all levels.
- Conversant with company and client draughting standards and specifications.
- Capable of generating co-operative team based culture for groups under his/her control.
- Able to take a lead in training and ongoing education of subordinates.