Skills: Warehouse Person
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Port Arthur, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Warehouse Assistant, Port Arthur located in Port Arthur, TX Texas / United States through March 25, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Embrace the Safety Culture and comply with standards.
- Ensure work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellence (OE) standards, Woirk Instructions and regulatory and code requirements.
- Safely operate forklift, package filling, palletizing and other warehouse equipment.
- Perform basic computer tasks, such as input of data and safety training.
- Perform general cleanup of plant equipment and work areas for safe and efficient operation.
- Manual material handling.
- Palletizer operations.
- Trailer loading and offloading.
- Operate Forklift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn additional programs/software.
- An aptitude for learning new software applications.
- Ability to take work direction and work collaboratively to execute daily operations.
- Coordinates, responds and follows up on requests quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, internal and external customers.
- Efficiently and effectively completes actions to meet customer needs.
- Ability to build rapport and establish positive working relationships with a diverse set of coworkers.
- Communication and leadership skills that will enable advancement to other operational roles in the plant.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability.
- Ability to prioritize work, work independently, take initiative and act on opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify increased efficiency and cost reduction opportunities.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination
- Able to meet all physical requirements of the job such as climbing stairs and lifting 60 pounds.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Participate in random drug testing program.
- Ability and willingness to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold environments.
This is a Union Represented Position.
- Experience in warehouse or packaging operations.
- Experience in lubricants, oil and gas or related petrochemical or process industries.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Beaumont
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.