Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer must be able to provide Design, Configuration and Deployment of network infrastructure to ensure continuous availability of secured and reliable network services to both internal and external Chevron global customers.
Works into Network Assets organization and interact with other internal Network organizations and with external Service Providers (3 rd party) as data link carriers, hardware manufacturer and high level of technical support (TAC) to Design and Support the LAN/WAN, Campus, Core Network, Extranet, Data Center and Cloud requirement globally, and other business-enabling IT solutions that depend on Network.
Main Technologies but are not limited to:
- Cisco Switches, Routers, Wireless Controllers.
- Juniper Routers.
- Steelheads (accelerators).
Some Tools used and to be developed:
- Monitoring & Management: Solarwinds, Cisco ISE, TACACS, Junos Space, splunk, CA Spectrum, EMC, CA NetQoS.
- Information Management: ServiceNow.
- Automation: Ansible Tower.
- Reporting: ThousandEyes, ServiceNow, Power BI.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Network Engineer will be responsible for provisioning WAN circuits, doing equipment refresh using remote resources (smart-hands or field technicians).
- Network Engineer will design and implement WAN sites on the Chevron carrier MPLS backbone and Point to Point links.
- Network Engineer needs to have strong routing and Data Center Experience and will provide design guidance for large scale DC designs and smaller, but complex remote LAN/WAN designs.
- Act as technical lead on projects when assigned.
- DC design SME for the nexus datacenter products and features such as vPC, FabricPath etc.
- Must have 7 years of enterprise design experience in Data Center Networking, large Complex WANs, or large campus LAN.
- Must have a CCNP or equivalent skill set.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Juniper knowledge a plus but not required (Juniper equipment and JunosSpace tools.)
- Experience on the Agile Methodology a plus but not required.
- Excellent coordination, prioritization skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work within a multifunctional team.
- Strong teamwork, and business engagement skills (a team player).
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge on Automation tools in Networking framework.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.