Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Golden Meadow, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron/The Gulf of Mexico (GOM) Business Unit's Deepwater Operations is accepting online applications for the position Offshore Mechanic Trainee rotating out of Galliano, LA through March 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This position will assume the responsibility of safely monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing offshore production rotating equipment. A key aspect will be ensuring all rotating equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency by reviewing trends to determine optimal performance.
The successful candidates will work on multi-skilled offshore operations team. The positions will work a 14 & 14 rotational schedule. The assignments could be on any Deepwater facility including Blind Faith (Semi-submersible floating facility), Petronius (Compliant Tower facility), Tahiti (Spar), Genesis (Spar), Jack St. Malo (Semi-submersible floating facility) and Bigfoot (Semi-submersible floating facility.
Requisition ID# 399870
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Actively supports Health, Environment, and Safety processes by: Accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies. Carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner which includes preventing pollution, conserving energy and resources, and minimizing waste. Following safe operating practices and maintaining a safe working environment. (LO/TO, Job Safety Analysis, Permit to Work, etc). Being prepared to respond to a safety or environmental event.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and diagnose work on a wide array of mechanical equipment associated with offshore oil and gas producing operations; including but not limited to: Natural Gas Reciprocating Engines and Compressors, Centrifugal Compressors, Turbines, Centrifugal and Reciprocating Pumps Generators, Diesel engines, Cranes.
- Gather, prioritize and assist with the scheduling of mechanical maintenance projects.
- Drives use of sound Reliability Engineering concepts and principles.
- Utilization of a Computerized Maintenance Management System to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization.
- Perform normal crane and/or rigging operations
- Partner with other employees, and contractors to ensure that all equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Assure all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellence standards and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in diesel mechanic technology or related mechanical field of study within the last 3 years. Or military rank of E4 or higher and discharged from the military within the last 3 years with Military Occupational Specialty in Mechanical discipline.
- Ability and willingness to work a 14/14 offshore rotational schedule.
- Ability and willingness to work 12-hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination and obtain a TWIC card.
- 2 years Offshore Operations Mechanic experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Current T-2 regulatory certification / Production Safety System Training.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical equipment (e.g. natural gas reciprocating engines and compressors, centrifugal compressors, turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating pumps, generators, diesel engines, cranes, etc) used in offshore oil and gas processing.
- Knowledge of major offshore facility process systems.
- Familiar with Reliability efforts (i.e. RCA, 5-Why, Fault Tree) for a variety of safety, environmental and reliability efforts.
- Familiarity with SCADA systems and capable of using analytical skills to perform predictive failure analysis.
- Knowledge of BSEE / USCG regulations, and the maintenance and testing requirements associated with related safety devices (e.g. TSH's, Pressure Safety devices, etc) installed on mechanical rotating equipment.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and CMMS.
- Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houma
Nearest Secondary Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.