The role is for a Regulatory Specialist that has the experience, capability, and capacity to secure well permit approvals associated with all types of wells related activity. The role is part of the Gulf of Mexico Subsurface Regulatory Team that is part of the greater Regulatory Affairs Team within the Upstream Deepwater Business. All well-related activities conducted in the Gulf of Mexico are enabled by the associated Permits handled by this team.
- Serve as a focal point for Well Engineering and Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) for specific wells related activities.
- Execute effective good permits for specific business operations to avoid non-productive rig time and to meet the Deepwater business plans.
- Provide quality assurance for the information provided to the regulator to ensure it is accurate, as required by the regulations, and meets Shell standards.
- Contribute to planning and execution of regulatory stakeholder engagement strategies to secure the necessary permits and authorizations. Provide advice to the organization in this space.
- Work closely with other well permitting staff this preparation includes all supporting documents including the N10 requirement, MWCC Covered Well Addendums, WAR's, EOR's, Open Hole Reports, First Production Notifications, etc.
- Participate in both company/regulator well-related reviews as well as in applicable industry sessions and provide review and comments on proposed drilling and completion regulations that impact the Wells business.
- Represent Shell at meetings with regulators for guidance on permit approvals when necessary and ensure other Shell technical staff are prepared for meetings with the Federal Agencies.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree/ Associate degree.
- 5+ years' experience well regulatory experiences
- Good understanding well operations along with drilling/BOP equipment and processes is acceptable.
- Knowledge of Federal offshore regulations involving well operations including drilling, completion, intervention, and abandonment operations.
- Experience working regulatory issues with BSEE.
- Basic computer skills with MS Office products and BSEE databases.
- Wells Operations experience is preferred
- Experience with Gulf of Mexico Deepwater Well related permits (i.e. APDs, APMs, EORs, BHPs, WARS, RMNs) as well as other required federal filings for Deepwater well operations is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Willingness to handle pressing business issues after-hours as necessary.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.