Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, and Louisiana. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa has in immediate opportunity for a Safety Supervisor located in the Delaware Basin Area, just West of Odessa, Texas. The position supports the Delaware Basin business including the gas plants and the associated gathering systems. This position will assist operations in achieving Targa's goals with respect to safety in our operations. A proven ability to solve problems, learn new material, adapt to change and be an effective communicator are key traits to success in this position.
The employee will report to the Safety Manager and will collaborate with the local ES&H and Operations staff to achieve regulatory compliance and operational goals. All the field ES&H positions in Targa receive support and guidance from the Corporate ES&H staff. Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and requirements of this position are the following:
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Responsible for the overall compliance activities performed by your staff including those related to all state and federal agencies. Work closely with operations and engineering managers and supervisors to ensure they have the information required to maintain successful and compliant facilities.
- Oversee the day to day responsibilities of the Safety Specialists and/or other ES&H Personnel. Ensure they have the resources and training necessary to fulfill their job obligations.
- Oversee the day to day implementation of routine management systems by staff required to ensure compliance for each facility including data gathering, incident investigation tracking, reporting, action item and KPI tracking, report generation, scheduling routine meetings, and generating key performance measures.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to processes and systems that drive safety and environmental performance.
- Provide regular feedback to staff on their performance. Coach and support operations, maintenance and engineering staff on how to be strong leaders in ES&H compliance.
- Ensure that a good working relationship is maintained with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic environmental health and safety programs and objective-setting for the organization
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders on the status of facility compliance issues and help drive solutions to those issues.
- Participate in company advocacy efforts.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- B.S. in Engineering, Safety & Health or related technical/science field preferred.
- Associate Degree in Safety or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with Safety & Health management systems within gas processing, refining, petrochemical, or other industrial manufacturing settings.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work within a collaborative team environment, with demonstrated personal drive and initiative to achieve goals.
- Working knowledge of federal General Industry and Construction safety requirements including PSM.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface with all affected teams personnel, and vendors.
- Organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgement and common sense.
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protections, footwear, Nomex).
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous supervisory or management experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Preferred consideration will be given for CSP, ASP, CIH or other degreed professional certifications.
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the Targa facilities.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note - Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.