Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title NPD Mechanical Engineer
Location Florence, KY
The NPD Mechanical Engineer will research, design, develop, maintain new products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with technical and business objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
- Develop new products including but not limited to injection molded products.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products, and assist in their commercialization.
- Prepare design sketches as part of a design team.
- Perform stress analyses, analyze data, prepare reports, and make comparisons with similar proven designs.
- May either personally execute experiments and tests or oversee their execution by technicians.
- Build prototypes and setup lab tests as needed
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements
- May assign, direct, and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the Concurrent Lifecycle Management process.
- Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain Schlumberger's technical leadership position.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
- Comply with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of professional experience in developing injection molded products from concept to commercialization
- Experience working with mold toolmakers during product development process
- CAD design experience, Solid Edge or Creo
- Good mechanical, analytical, and technical skills
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience designing plastic and metal fabricated parts
- Experience with Moldflow software
- Experience with resistance welding
- Experience with over-molding
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.