Skills: Customer Service, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Customer Support Analyst provides first-level PC technical support for clients company-wide and resolves Helpdesk Tickets, as well as audio/video office support and equipment/order coordination.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides technical support for PC clients
- Assists in the coordination of PC and peripheral orders, assignments, setups an deployments for the company
- Escalates technical issues to Network Engineers when necessary
- Installs or replaces hardware/software as needed
- Timely resolves Helpdesk ticket items off-site pick up of supplies or to support remote clients
- Images PCs for deployment and reinforces adherence to company standards
- Assists Network Engineers as needed
- Troubleshoots PC technical issues and helps prevent future occurrences
- Support all audio/video functionality and equipment printer support
- Serves as an escalation point for Customer Support Analyst II
- Assists with IT Project initiatives
- Out-processing of computer equipment
- Works with phone vendor to coordinate IP Phone configuration
- Mobile phone administration
- Admin for procedural write-ups and customer support team knowledgebase articles
- Monitors Helpdesk email inbox and incoming calls to the helpdesk
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Parker Drilling may make reasonable accommodations enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 4 years' experience in PC/desktop support required
- Experience with using MDT Imaging software strongly preferred (creating, updating, and troubleshooting PC images)
- Demonstrated knowledge with troubleshooting Windows 7 and networks preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience maintaining and supporting client A/V and PC Imaging software and concepts is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, hndle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.