NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within Canada. Our client, a noise emission consulting company, is seeking a (2) Mechanical Designer - Industrial in Cambridge, ON.
This will be a 3-12 month contract role starting ASAP .
Individuals will need to be local to the Cambridge, ON
area as no LOA is provided. Position Overview:
The position is responsible for incorporating engineering requirements into detailed designs for complete project scope of work by coordinating project design details such as client interface points, general arrangement drawings and engineering calculations with other team members assigned to the project and overseeing the drawing production and checking by team members assigned to the project team. Specific Accountabilities:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Oversee the preparation of models, defining and sequencing detail design tasks and checking.
- Ensure completion of project modeling, drafting, checking on time and within quality standards.
- Understand and follow information on all project drawings, engineering calculations and specifications, highlighting critical aspects to the team.
- Ensure the manufacturability and constructability of fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate technical detail design concepts and details with Project Engineers and the design drafting team.
- Track progress on modeling, drafting and checking tasks and proactively estimate percent completion.
- Identify, document and communicate potential improvements for implementation on current or future projects
- When requested, support Project Engineers by liaising directly with customers, suppliers and fabricators on technical design issues.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to others within the design drafting team to improve quality and efficiency within.
- Identify risks to project success in areas including, but not limited to lack of information, in-process design changes, increased duration of tasks etc.
- Design Technologist Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Thorough understanding of 3D solid modeling and design drafting software implementation and application, preferably with Autodesk products (AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Inventor, ideally involving industrial plate steel product designs, large ducts and exhaust stacks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a project team environment where team members are spread across multiple office locations;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with internal and external contacts
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.