Skills: HR - General
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, provides research, analysis and manages inquiries related to all aspects of Halliburton's Leave of Absence and Family Care programs.
- As applicable, leads the design/redesign and implementation of additional components to the Leave of Absence and Family Care programs.
- Requires cross-departmental coordination and understanding of each team's role and responsibilities.
- Collects and analyzes data to measure plan performance and quality against defined objectives.
- Performs a variety of complex tasks which require broad knowledge of benefit plan design, compliance, communication, and strategy.
- SME point of contact for program design and providing accurate and timely responses to employee inquiries relating to core benefits and service delivery.
- Expert problem solver and excellent communicator, who is able to empathize with a situation and quickly determine needs to provide resolution.
- Communicates clearly and effectively by asking relevant questions and conveying easily understood, accurate answers, always displaying professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Develops and recommends approaches to facilitate the effective delivery of program benefits and related practices and policies.
- Uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Collaborates and consults with Human Resources leadership and management on program related issues and initiatives.
- Ensures such program and processes are in alignment with Company business and Human Resources (HR) strategies.
- May provide guidance, training to HR and other internal stakeholders.
- Effective interpersonal skills, as well as skills related to teamwork, managing confidentiality, follow-through and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to manage and execute various activities simultaneously in order to achieve focused results.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Effectively manage external vendor relationships.
- Solid experience with applying quality judgment and decision making to ad hoc and project based situations; project management.
- Analytical skills; writing and composition; influencing; process management; critical thinking.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills; priority setting; planning; organizing; managing and measuring work.
- Job may include business travel.
- Undergraduate degree in human resources management, business administration, or a similar discipline.
- 4 years of experience in employee benefits design, analysis, and compliance and PPACA.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Benefits Specialist through Senior Benefits Specialist.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 71736
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Human Resources
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.