Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
High Level Job Description & Scope:
This position operates key security technologies that secure the Chevron business network from risks and cybersecurity threats. Collaborating with other IT functions and business partners, you will enable a business network with secure, reliable, and resilient access to the internet, external 3rd party partners, the cloud, and other networks. You will have an important role to play in the development of enterprise network security standards and help establish global governance. Network skills, understanding of cybersecurity threats, along with knowledge of corporate design and information protection standards are needed in this role to successfully enable Chevron business activities. You will work closely with design teams, business partners, and other IT and cybersecurity functions to monitor, implement, support, and solve difficult, rapidly changing security challenges from the network perimeter and the cloud, up to and including the end-point device and application support. Where new technologies are introduced, the analyst will work with the Enterprise Security Design team to successfully transition to operations.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Monitors and operates solutions and processes to maintain the reliability, effectiveness and efficiency of application, endpoint, and network security infrastructure components across the enterprise and associated process control environments.
- Works with design team members, project managers, team members, business units and other stakeholders to support agile solutions, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, creating new or improved processes and automation to support step changes in operational efficiencies.
- Provides subject matter expertise and collaborates extensively with other IT asset teams in deployment and implementation of network security solutions by utilizing next generation security technologies and improving frameworks for controls and policies.
- Collaborates with global business units to monitor and support application and endpoint security solutions suited to their unique environments.
- Works with Service Delivery Managers in ensuring appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators for business requirements for protection, standardization, efficiency, scalability, supportability and cost-effectiveness are met. Contributes to lifecycle activities.
- Follows standard change management processes and practices when introducing technical changes to the environment.
Critical Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of network perimeter and security zones configuration and related network transport protocols. Hands on experience with firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Advanced Persistent Threats protection, and network related and security devices and configurations such as proxies, remote access and third-party connectivity, network data gathering tools, traffic analysis, Process Control Network Architectures, mobility devices, cloud access and security endpoint. Preferred technologies: Palo Alto, ProxySG, SourceFire, Splunk, CASB and Sophos.
- Malware detection - Advanced persistent threats, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Ability to read network captures and utilize scripting and other processes for automating tasks.
- Understand application and data hosting infrastructure and services, and common application protocols.
- Automation - Scripting knowledge to automate the firewall operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels with operations, design, projects, vendors, peers. Ability to influence and motivate teams, and work with a variety of disciplines, cultures, and environments.
- Fosters cooperation and collaboration among individuals on the team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritize, and manage work activities to meet customer needs and expectations. Follows strong change management practices.
- Ability to accomplish desired results independently with minimal direction in alignment with team goals and security standards.
- Prioritize work efforts across many priorities to improve service delivery and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine root cause and resolution of problems.
- Provide subject matter leadership in cybersecurity infrastructure during cyber incidents, response, and remediation.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, understandable manner both orally and in writing.
- Listens carefully and asks questions to understand the views, concerns, and comments of others.
- Promotes communications in all directions within work groups and between work groups.
- Encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Occasional after hours and weekend support may be required.
- Required to be on-call cycle.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification or work experience will be a plus.
- Ansible work experience will be a plus.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.