Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Metairie, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are seeking a Control Systems Engineer for assignment in Metairie, Louisiana. The selected candidate will research, develop, design, and test a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Support P&ID development; help maintain the P&ID's through the course of each project phase
- Support development of the Instrument Index and I/0 List; help maintain the Instrument Index and I/0 List through the course of each project phase
- Support development of material / labor TIC cost estimates
- Support development of engineering / design effort hour estimates
- Support incorporation of control systems content into mechanical equipment vendor packages
- Coordinate with process engineers to obtain process data for use in specifying tagged field instruments
- Coordinate with HVC workshare office to ensure work packages are being prepared in compliance with home office requirements
- Ensure specified or purchased items are in compliance with client requirements and standards, check specifications and requisition packages prepared by others
- Prepare engineering calculations, specifications and requisition packages for inquiry and purchase
- Prepare technical bid evaluations and make recommendations for purchase
- Interface with suppliers to ensure compliance with specifications
- Review vendor data to assure specifications and project requirements are met
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering
- 4+ years of experience designing offshore production facilities required
- Experience with controls and instrumentation abilities required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- Registered P.E. License or E.I.T preferred
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/