Job Title: SHE&Q ManagerJob Type: Permanent, Full- TimeLocation: Houston, TX Area
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a globally recognized Chemicals Operator, has an opportunity for a SHE&Q Manager for a permanent position based in the Houston, TX area. Summary
SHEQ Manager will join a global Chemical Manufacturer to support a high value, Greenfield chemicals project from conceptual phase through to construction. This position will longer term oversee the operations of the facility. Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrate and communicate Company safety culture and values (20 Principles, Life Saving Rules)
- Establish, conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant (e.g., medical surveillance, worker exposure, ISO/OHSA's assessment, defining drug/alcohol testing protocol) to minimize health and safety risks.
- In conjunction with Project Leadership, lead the implementation of the facility SHEQ strategy including review and approval of programs and initiatives, review and approval of HSE-related suppliers and design firms, compliance tracking and review/approval of designs for SHEQ remedial systems and initiatives.
- Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate and/or certify effective implementation of Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements, as well as the Company's internal HSE standards. Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory, production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency plans.
- Ensure compliant execution of facility Air Emissions Management and permitting regulatory obligations, including oversight of Title V requirements, deviation, reporting, etc.
- Apply for, file, maintain and renew operating/regulatory permits or certificates to ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local government and internal company regulations and expectations.
- Contribute to safety or environmental training by identifying training needs (e.g., analyse trends/compliance), communicating goals and standards, working with managers to educate associates, delivering training or evaluating training programs.
- Develop and manage effective data gathering, tracking, analytical tools and databases, to enable effective proactive health, safety and environmental management.
- Prepare effective and relevant reports to Project Steering Committee, corporate peers, and stakeholders.
- Develop meaningful safety measures for the site scorecard to drive performance improvements and lower TIR (Total Injury Rate) through continuous improvement
- Oversee Worker's Compensation claim management from an HSE perspective, in concert with Corporate Risk Management and HR leadership.
- Ensure compliant execution of facility Waste Management programs, including but not limited to RCRA Hazardous Waste Management and Treatment, Recycling and Waste Minimization efforts
- Formulate and/or make recommendations for decision criteria based on issue complexity; evaluate options by considering implications and consequences; choose an effective option. Include fellow work group members, employees across the organization, and occasionally external customers in the decision-making process as warranted to obtain good information, make the most appropriate decisions, and ensure buy-in and understanding of the resulting decisions.
- Representative for all regulatory agencies for routine reporting, inspections and enforcement actions.
- Representative to the general public in coordination with site leadership.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, advanced degree a plus
- Experience implementing and rolling out HSE initiatives across plant
- Experience establishing security regulations for a facility
- A minimum 12 years' experience in engineering and significant HSE project experience within the chemical industry, petrochemicals, or downstream O&G sector
- Experience in successfully delivering major capital projects and negotiating the associated contracts
- Experience with and knowledge of safety and quality management systems
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a globally recognized Chemicals Operator who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with short term and long term incentives as well as a generous medical benefits, matching 401K, PTO, and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.