Skills: Asset Management, Legal
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under direction of the PSL's Technology Director or designee and Director of IAM, maximize a PSL's exclusionary rights and operational freedom for new products and key existing products through patent protection, publication, in-licensing, and acquiring or jointly developing technology with third parties.
- Performs and supports patent and literature searches.
- Provides support for monetization of PSL's intellectual assets through licensing and commercialization of technology.
- Provides support to Senior or Principal Patent Liaison for Division patent portfolio audit for business use and PSL strategy, including periodic audit and communicating audit information to stakeholders.
- Focuses PSL's IP portfolio to support PSL's strategic and tactical needs, via providing input to patent committee filing and drop decisions and directed invention processes and by maintaining communication with PSL management about their product developments.
- In cooperation with the IP Legal Department, works with project teams to disclose project-related IP in a timely manner and assures that projects move forward without freedom to operate issues.
- Leads or assists with PSL Level Technical competitive landscape analysis.
- Under direction from Director of IAM or a Senior or Principal Patent Liaison, supports M&A, including diligence and integration activities.
- Participates in company wide initiatives relating to company portfolio, and to evolve Intellectual Asset Management processes.
- Job role impacts revenue and profitability via personal contributions.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
- Assists with inventor incentive awards.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering, and 5+ years of experience in Technology/new product development.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
97 Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RW, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 72075
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.