Skills: Pipeline Services
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
37.5 hours per week
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We have an analysis engineer position available in the Hydrodynamics Discipline within the Central Engineering unit based in Aberdeen. The responsibilities of the discipline are technical support and hydrodynamic analysis related to marine operations and subsea structure design for SURF and IRM projects. The work may include support to engineering studies and tenders as well as live projects.
The available position is primarily within structures and flexibles installation analysis, but the candidate should also expect to be exposed to other types of hydrodynamic and installation analyses. The position also offers a unique opportunity to follow-up the analysis work done at planning stage of a marine operation by either being directly involved in the execution phase or by collecting recorded data from the operations that can be used for comparison and validation of the analytical models.
- Structure installation analysis both by simplified methods and in the time domain using software like e.g. Orcaflex
- Flexible pipelines, risers, umbilicals and cables installation analysis using primarily, the software Orcaflex
- Analysis of hydrodynamic in-place loads on subsea structures
- Undertake and check others', analysis and engineering activities
- Interface with project team and engineering teams
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Proven relevant working experience
- Knowledge and experience using the software Orcaflex and programming skills (in e.g. Python) is an advantage
- Overview and understanding of applicable design codes, industry standards and legislative requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative problem solving - able to suggest and develop new methods and ways of working
- Sound communication skills - able to communicate ideas and results to various stakeholders, both in written reports and in meetings, presentations etc.
- The ability to work in a team, as well as individually with minimum supervision
- The ability to organise and prioritise own work and as such, have responsibility for discrete work packages ongoing simultaneously
- Understanding of clients' needs and ability to suggest and apply "fit for purpose" solutions
- Competitive terms (Salary)
- Challenging and exciting work in a busy environment
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.