- Operating process units within the Production Unit in accordance to Production Plan and Daily Operating Procedures, Standing Instructions and site HSSE procedures;
- Operating the plant within the Design-Operating-Window and the Integrity-Operating-Window;
- Monitor performance to ensure safe and optimal operations of the plant, equipment (i.e. reactors, compressors, pumps, product storage tanks, etc.), pipeline distribution;
- Perform structured rounds (DCS Panel/Field) and take corrective action to maintain equipment and plant operations within safe operating windows;
- Managing plant and equipment upsets, abnormal conditions and subsequent trouble-shooting including incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up;
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and perform unit start-up, shutdown and plant turnaround activities;
- Update operating procedures and prepare job pack documentation for equipment repair;
- Contributing in keeping process materials records and to maintain good housekeeping practices;
- Keeping log records of operational activities for optimal and thorough handover to other shifts;
- Carry out/perform other related duties if requested by senior colleagues such as Production Team Leader, Shift Specialist, Production Supervisor.
- Conducting all above in a safe and complaint way in accordance to Shell Jurong Island HSSE regulations.
- Perform the role of Authorised Gas Tester (AGT) which includes conduct gas testing, zero energy check, issuance of permits for safe execution of maintenance tasks and turnaround activities
- Perform sampling work and basic laboratory tests
- Perform the role of Auxiliary Fire Fighter or First Aider in the event of emergency situations
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Nitec / Higher Nitec in Chemical Process Technology or Diploma, in Chemical Engineering / Chemical & Green Technology / Clean Energy
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in chemical processing or oil refining / utilities e.g. steam boilers and Cogeneration for Process Units
- Able to operate DCS independently would be added advantage
- WSQ Qualifications in workplace safety and health for process plants/manufacturing sites
- Qualified as a gas tester and/or confined space assessor
- Must be flexible to perform both shift work and day-work when the need arises
- Must be willing to perform over-time duties when required by the company
- An effective team player with good communication skills and follows punctuality
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.