Job Description Position Purpose:
Specific Tasks and Targets:
- To ensure an effective security provision in SSB/SSPC in accordance with a legislative requirement, Company policies, HSSE & SP Control Framework, Group Guidelines & Procedures and operational requirements.
- To investigate security-related incidents in SSB/SSPC and advise on the weaknesses in controls and loss prevention measures including initiation of appropriate action to minimize loss.
- To ensure an efficient, disciplined and competent AP force capable of fulfilling the protective security function as laid down by Law and by Company on all installations, worksites, supply base, and personnel through physical security coverage.
- To assist the Head of Security on all security management & enforcement in business
- Provide professional security advice and support to all SMEP businesses
- Establish & maintain a close contact & rapport with the police, MMEA, Navy & other government bodies as may be necessary & of benefit to the property.
- Ensure that the Security Department is organized & run in an efficient & cost effective at all times, taking into consideration that a certain level of security will always be necessary.
- Ensure that all security personnel carries out their duties in accordance with their job descriptions and that all security personnel is interchangeable in their functions.
- Review all security measures, procedures, equipment & methods from time to time for protective & preventive purposes so as to maintain efficiently tight security control.
- Ensure that all necessary steps and plans are put in place are taken to safeguard the company against any breach of security.
- Work with all internal stakeholders to ensure everyone is familiar with Security procedures in the event of a security-related emergency.
- Receive customer complaints, conduct or supervise investigations of cases of unethical behavior or non-compliance with laws and policies.
- Participate in an internal investigation in case of disciplinary cases.
- Conduct SRA, audits, drills, SIV & investigations
- Conduct training for Auxiliary Police personnel (AP)
- Conduct Frontline Barrier Management Assessment for APs
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's Degree;
- High caliber security professional with a minimum of 10 years of relevant security experience at both operator and management/supervisor level.
- Have an established network of security-related contacts throughout the country, the ability to build a network Sabah and Sarawak
- Highly motivated individual with high standards who can set goals and produce strategies to achieve these goals.
- Enough stature to engage with and influence a wide variety of people: Shell Management and staff at all levels, contractors, government representatives and security forces, security professionals and stakeholders such as JV businesses and foreign nationals.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively within a multicultural setting - show an understanding of cultural differences.
- Demonstrate competence and experience of implementing and managing security initiatives in a multi-site environment
- Understanding of contracts and procurement and budget management procedures.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Proficient in investigation i.e. familiar with relevant Laws and legal procedures
- Intelligence procurement and cultivation and source handling (networking).
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on familiarity on critical security issues, with experience in formulation, implementation, and promotion of security policies
- Experience in motivating, training and control of uniform personnel and other relevant activities
- Good liaison with the Police, Government departments and agencies
- Communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in security risk management
- Basic knowledge in Information security
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.