Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Title: Lead Materials Controller
Ref No: 13313
Location: Aberdeen - Offshore
Project: Clair Ridge
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: 18/03/2019
Rotation : 2/2
WorleyParsons are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Lead Materials Controller for a 6 month contract.
Purpose / Role
To lead the Materials Management and Warehousing team and be responsible for all project material control activities to support execution of project schedules.
Define Materials Management Strategy and ensure execution in line with this throughout the duration of the scope of work.
Ensure all databases are updated; materials are receipted, bagged, tagged and issued in accordance with Company policies, procedures and in compliance with all HSE and any legislative requirements.
Co-ordination of Warehouse, Shipping and Logistics activities.
Inventory management and reconciliation.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Develop appropriate materials management strategies and plans, including manpower requirements;
- Efficient and effective control of all materials to suit project requirements;
- Management of all materials in accordance with relevant Company policies, procedures and project schedules;
- In-depth knowledge of warehousing and offshore legislations, e.g. COSHH / Hazardous, Dangerous Goods, etc.
Prime Responsibilites and Duties
- Implement materials management strategies and plans;
- Ensure adequate manpower to execute scope of work;
- Ensure all materials databases and project reporting tools are updated with latest information;
- Manage the flow of materials from requisition to installation to ensure safe and timely delivery;
- Management and distribution of materials management workload;
- Engagement with and co-ordination of third party inspection requirements (e.g. rental plant and equipment);
- Ensure all materials management activities are completed in time for shipment of materials to relevant site(s);
- Manage the material control and warehousing functions to ensure timely delivery, receipt, checking, storing and issuing of goods;
- Ensure all materials are clearly labelled with PO number, Client Ref and quantity;
- Management of stock levels;
- Management of supply vessel movements;
- Ensure effective and timely reconciliation and disposal of surplus project materials ensuring costs are minimised
- SVQ / Standard Grade or equivalent
- 2 years Materials Management experience
- Materials Management Systems
- IT Literate (Excel/Word etc)
- BOSIET (Offshore Survival)
- Dangerous Goods by Land, Air and Sea
- Experienced in the control and management of materials from receipt at warehouse through to distribution to required site location
- Good working knowledge of material systems, process controls, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry
- Good knowledge of legislative requirements for onshore and offshore materials management
- Proven ability to work to demanding project schedules
- Competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly
- Ability to identify oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Experience in the handling, storing and preservation of oil and gas project materials and equipment
- Demonstrate good excel spreadsheet data manipulation skills
- Good understanding of engineering commodities
- Ability to effectively multi-task in challenging situations;
- Understand the need for close inter-departmental working relationships to ensure timely delivery of materials in line with Project Plan
- Basic understanding of material specifications and standards (e.g. ASME, ASTM, BS, EN, ATEX, PED, BASEEFA)
- Ability to check and verify materials against relevant certification
- Comprehensive understanding of stock management principles
- Promote HSSE policy and other regulations such as LOLER, Environmental, COSHH, Dangerous Goods, etc
- Compliance with manual handling regulations
- Ability to read and understand Isometric drawings (ISO's)
- Capable of maintaining registers of equipment and hazardous chemicals
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).