Job Description General Position Definition
SMDS Civil discipline engineering is part of SMDS Engineering Department and provides technical assurance and engineering support for inspection, maintenance, Management of change (MOC )and minor/major project activities.
Assurance and engineering delivery in accordance with Shell Group HSSE and Global Business principles, Government regulation, SMDS HSE processes, and technical standards philosophy (which outlines the use of Shell DEP's and International Codes and Standards) and SMDS RCM/RBI processes.
The successful candidate will be part of the SMDS Engineering department and will contribute to progressing projects through the ORP funnel by providing expert knowledge in Civil, Structural and Asset Integrity engineering to support the asset and projects. The Civil Structural Engineer will oversee and manage design and engineering works associated with inspection, maintenance, rehabilitation, and other projects on-, off-plot and at the jetty facilities.
The incumbent civil structural engineer will have a knowledge transfer and coaching role regarding junior civil and structural team members to develop the team to be ready for the future.Purpose
- The Civil, Structural discipline engineer provides technical assurance (TA3/TA2) support to the Civil Discipline Team Lead.
- The Civil, Structural discipline engineer manages fit for purpose implementation and engineering of the Civil asset inspection and maintenance program.
- The Civil, Structural discipline engineer manages design- and engineering for minor and major repairs, MOC's and plant change projects.
- The Civil, Structural discipline engineer manages on-time civil scope delivery with smart, fit-for-purpose and economical solutions, non-compromising of safety and integrity and ensuring/ improving plant availability.
- The Civil, Structural discipline engineer supports coaching and training of lesser experienced team members.
- Responsible for civil and structural design- and engineering management for minor & major repairs, MOC's and plant change projects, in time and budget, adhering to Shell and international technical and safety standards and Malaysian law, to maintain civil asset integrity in the plant, off-plot area and on the Jetty.
- Manage the civil design and engineering deliverables through design engineering consultants, and contractors.
- Promote standardization & smart replication in engineering approaches.
- Support the Civil Discipline Team Lead with mentoring, coaching and civil design training of graduate and lesser experienced team members.
- Support the Civil Discipline Team Lead with resource planning and work scheduling. Lead in HSSE and actively promote an HSSE culture.
- Provide expertise input to incident investigations and to Learning from Incidents (LFI).
- Civil and Structural Asset Integrity Management, Inspection and Maintenance:
- Engineering and assurance for Management of change( MOC)
- Front End Engineering and Assurance
- Project Execution Engineering and Assurance:
- Liaise within- and external stakeholders and establish excellent working relationships
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements Qualification Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil and Structural engineering from an accredited Technical college or University.
- Proven hands-on experience in detailed design, ability to apply design codes and ACAD / 3-D model knowledge is required.
- Fluent in English (speaking & writing).
- 10 + years experience in the field of Civil/Structural engineering.
- Civil Structural Engineering
- Civil Infrastructure including drainage and wastewater treatment
- Civil Structures design (Steel & Concrete)
- Asset Integrity management, structural assessment, and life extension
- Onshore Geotech and Foundations design
- The candidate is TA2/TA3 assessed for one or more of the above subjects.
- 10 years' experience in Civil / Structural Engineering in Oil and Gas plant design and Operations is required.
- Practical (field) experience in Brownfield, turnaround projects, operational maintenance and or technical asset services experience is essential.
- 5 years working directly within an EPC environment, including exposure to project standards and FEED development.
- Knowledge of HSSE framework, DCAF, Shell DEP ( DEM1, DEM2) and International engineering standards and best practices
- Working experience on entire project life cycles (from conceptual to commissioning/handover) and in the front line oil/gas production operations is desirable.
- Experience in driving business improvement in engineering, i.e. fit-for-purpose solutions and cost effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and proven track record of being self-motivated and of team leadership.
- Able to work independently and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure.
- Able to provide innovative solutions for complex problems using, at the time, incomplete information.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.