Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
To provide mechanical engineering technical support and assurance to running assets in Shell Jurong Island (SJI), including troubleshooting, fitness-for-service assessment, and roles in various phases of projects and Turnaround works. The candidate is expected to work with various disciplines, such as Process Technologist, Inspection Engineer, Materials & Corrosion Engineer, Maintenance/Project/TA Engineer, in carrying out the work.
Main Accountabilities include but not limited to:
1. Provide technical assurance (TA-3) of projects throughout the life cycle through Management Of Change (MOC) work process. This is done through technical due-diligence and assurance during design, construction and commissioning of projects.
2. Provide / support Fitness For Service (FFS) analysis on static mechanical equipment with questionable integrity in order to establish safe working condition and operation worthiness.
3. Perform or review mechanical design calculations of static equipment including stress, strain and vibration analysis including mechanical drawings.
4. Perform or review piping design and related mechanical calculations such as stress, strain, and flexibility check.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering.
1. Well verse in relevant internationally acceptable codes, standards, and best practices such as but not limited to ASME II, V, VIII, IX, B31.3, B31.4
3. Good understanding of Causal Leaning and/or equivalent root cause analysis methodology
4. Good understanding of metallurgy and its manufacturing practices, including heat treatment
5. Prior experience in Manufacturing and/or Oil/Petrochemical industries preferred
6. Working experience in Fitness-For-Service is a plus
7. Working experience in piping flexibility check (CAESAR II) is a plus
8. Knowledge in Chemical Engineering is a plus
9. Experience in Project Engineering or other Engineering Integration roles a plus
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.