High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) SpecialistJob Purpose Provides technical operations support to the project during process design package and front end engineering phases. In addition to resolve and handle complex troubleshooting, design optimization and provide operations in-depth input during engineering studies for continuous improvement of plant safety, performance & reliability. Key Accountabilities
Provide in depth operations input during the major process studies e.g. PHA, HAZOP,SIL,HAZAM, PFD, P&ID reviews, during project development. In addition to provide input in process engineering design development such as equipment process data sheet, plot plan, H&M balance, inherent SHE review, risk assessment 3D model review, relief system sizing and basic process engineering calculations
Participate in developing operation philosophy e.g. equipment isolation, inventory/de-inventory, shutdown and start up, catalyst loading and unloading
Develop plant pre-commissioning/commissioning preparation and execution activities
Participate in process optimization and capital efficiency programs to drive capital cost optimization.
Develop standard operating procedures and commissioning start up procedures
Develop cost benefit analysis during the multiple project gates to ensure cost effectiveness during the project development.
Drive cost optimization strategies and actions from operations aspects to create capital efficiencies initiatives
Provide operations input during technology evaluation and selection phase.
Provide MFG input to project owners cost based on operating experience, project scope and industry bench mark data
Review critical operating parameters and recommend for optimum operation condition to achieve maximum plant efficiency.
Provide operations in depth input to sustainability programs across the projects with close coordination.
Develop staffing and qualification plans for the plant operations staff
lead plant layout design, accessibility and equipment spacing that will lead to a cost effective layout Problem solving/Decision making
(other context describing complexity of role, problem solving, decision making)
- Achieving cost effective design with energy reduction & utility consumption.
- Create fit for purpose design by creating capital efficiency design
- Lead the operations activities during development engineering studies with no overdue items
- Completion of study requests and operations support on time.
- EHSS compliance & completion of deficiency action on audit findings.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications
- Sound technical knowledge in the field of specialty, as the job holder is normally faced with challenges and involved in many undefined and open-ended complex situation that requires technical innovation and creative solutions.
- Streamlined troubleshooting, investigation and root cause analysis to solve problems, and ability to articulate troubles and challenges to others for acquiring prompt and efficient support.
- Peak in workload and increasing demand of services that calls for consistent efforts with high quality and prompt results to cope with business requirements.
- The capability to analyze and challenge risk identification, assessment, and mitigation plans (for strategic, operational, process safety risk, etc.) to minimize business impact. The capability to take frequent decisions to assure the plant design will meet safe operation requirements.
(degree, training, or certification required)
Graduate Degree Holder (preferred) or diploma with extensive operation experience Minimum Experience
(technical, functional, and/or leadership experience required)
+15 years experience in HDPE gas phase and slurry technology in the following areas: reaction area, catalyst and material handling area and Finishing area as operations or process engineering functions Including leadership role in shutdown/start up and turn around execution including developing procedures Job Specific Skills
(key functional, leadership, or business skills required)
Process safety and operations management systems such as PSM .
Management System Development & Improvement Skills.
Technical Report Writing.
MS Office Applications.
Root Cause Analysis. Competencies
(key functional, leadership, or business competencies required)
Planning and Organizing Skills.
Decision Making Skills.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.