Skills: Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Component Engineer is accountable for overall project schedule, cost control, and delivery for all component related activities. Managing and keeping updated the qualification schedule, risk analysis, and qualification/activity trackers. Responsible to request new part creation and part modification in database. Responsible for cost analysis of engineering Bill-Of-Material (eBOM). Responsible for component risk analysis, action plan and close out. Supporting Design for Manufacturing engineer for input to their checklist and dash.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing all communication with customer, Supply Chain, and Technology groups.
- Report progress including issues/delays (from component selections up to product test completion) with periodic meetings with clients and stakeholders.
- At the early phase, recommending lists of potential components for a given application
- Defining for any new components, the qualification schedule and associated cost
- Responsible for the product quality and cost including On Time Delivery
- Using only qualified technology
- Meeting eBOM cost target per agreed annual quantity
- Passing board level testing on time (Component engineer is responsible for component technology)
- Meeting manufacturing yield criteria
- Managing technical interface with all component manufacturers
- Working with Supply Chain for electrical component management (obsolescence, procurement, etc.)
- Supporting failure Analysis investigation using methodologies like fishbone, 5Why, PDCA, etc.
- Driving failure analysis with appropriate disposition for all component related activities
- Responsible to adhering Health Safety Environment (HSE) requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.S. Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 3+ years related experience, Hardware experience/skills.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.