Skills: Facilities Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tennessee, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Facility Engineer provides technical support to operations which is critical to maintain operational functionality in the assigned Terminals. Engineering oversight is essential to ensure the safety of operations as well as the long-term reliability of equipment. Support and oversight includes but is not limited to process safety, asset integrity and maintenance activities (HSSE, Process Safety, Management of Change, Damage Prevention, Emergency Response, Project Support, and DOT Compliance) for the facilities and pipelines within a geographic area
The purpose of this position is to provide engineering services to the Nashville, Knoxville and Birmingham terminals, integrating the different engineering functions' workstreams, enabling safe, reliable and cost effective operations of the Storage & Handling assets. In particular, for the assigned terminals, the Facility Engineer will:
- Embed, sustain and improve at terminal level the Asset Management System, ensuring the full compliance of the assets to the relevant Group Standards, including the Control Framework, and to the applicable regulatory requirements
- Embed, sustain and improve at terminal level the Asset Management System related processes and namely Reliability & Integrity, Maintenance Execution, Asset Information Management and Projects.
- Develop and maintain the Asset Master Plan as foundation of the inspection, maintenance and investment program and of the associated spend analysis
- Support the delivery of the HSSE agenda on site, with particular regard to construction safety and the associated performances of the relevant Vendors
- Ensure the safe and cost effective delivery of the Inspection & Maintenance program, interfacing the other Engineering functions.
- Provide Project Engineering, Construction Management and Construction Safety support to the assigned projects, under the overall Project Management framework provided by the Regional Project Lead Team
- Manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes for the inspection, maintenance and project activities, leveraging other Engineering functions and external resources as required
- Manage contractors and engineering service providers to ensure correct competent resources are in place and that they deliver to the terminal the required services on quality, on time and on cost
- Act as 3rd level Technical Authority for the assigned discipline
- Support the Compliance & Assurance program, which will include the quarterly Asset Management System Reviews and the relevant activities, ensuring a quality and timely follow up and closure of the agreed actions
Provide day-to-day support of operations within the area of responsibility via:
- MOC, draft and complete MOC that support FE led changes
- Technical Documentation, PSSR's as necessary to facilitate the safe reactivation of operating equipment. Prepare and support the tasks to meet the Statement of Fitness requirements for restarting an existing asset or bringing a new asset on line.
- Attend internal/external meetings with customers in support of operations.
- SAP maintenance plan review/approval and inclusion in R&I plan.
- Commissioning Plans / Operational Readiness reviews. Work to ensure startup plans adequately provide the appropriate operational documentation, barriers, and controls.
- Participation in HAZOPs and applicable HAZIDs
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of the inter-disciplinary engineering fundamentals as applied to Terminals and Depots is an advantage
- Knowledge level understanding of Asset Integrity - Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) concepts and processes preferred
- Knowledge level competency demonstrated for Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) techniques and methods, preferably including Causal Learning.
- Change Management skills, including knowledge level understanding of the Management of Change (MOC) proces
- Proven experience as Contract Owner and /or Holder for strategic contracts to be considered a plus
- Availability to travel between Shell Terminals
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video