Location: Houston, TX (travel required)
Duration: One year contract assignment
Start date: Immediate
The Project Engineer will be required to support multiple plant sites in North America; five in the US and one in Mexico. The scope of work is small, in-plant maintenance and upgrade projects typically with a TIC of $2 MM USD or less. Candidate will be responsible or co-responsible for the following:
- Coordinate all phases of project execution with site team leaders resident at various sites. This will include oversight of estimate preparations in accordance with the prime contract, ensuring that the STLs are aligned with client's work process, addressing any staffing/personnel issues, and planning/scheduling oversight of the backlog at each site.
- Coordinate with MEC/site/HOC to ensure that client RFSs (Request For Services) are responded to within one week and that an AFW (Authorization For Work) is prepared as proposals to client for each project.
- Oversight of HOC and MEC disciplines and support staff (e.g. scheduling, estimating, and cost).
- Prepare engineering weekly reports and provide engineering input into the monthly report
- Make site visits to locations identified above and trips to MEC as required for coordination
- Attend weekly client meetings
- B.S. in Engineering
- Working knowledge of all phases of project execution
- 3+ years of experience as a project engineer
- 10-20 years industry experience.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.