Skills: Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Logistics Coordinator for a 5 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Act as interface between vessels and Supply Chain Management (SCM). To ensure that all Logistics processes are followed and that all necessary paperwork to ensure company remains Customs Compliant.
- Establish and maintain a mechanism of communication between Offshore, 3rd party vessels and SCM.
- Conduit between onshore and offshore Project Team
- Interface with Marine Crew to ensure that their requirements are captured for each port call.
- Liaise with Projects, Buyers, Warehouse and Logistics Personnel to ensure continuity and accuracy of information on a regular basis.
- Liaise with Logistics Team to ensure all Customs requirements are adhered to. Advise vessels and projects of Logistics requirements and compliance with HMRC requirements.
- Ownership of Tracking Equipment Document (TED), diving vessel mobilisation/demobilisation.
- Safe and effective management of quayside activities throughout portcall.
- Work cohesively and efficiently with Buyer to expedite equipment.
- Liaise with internal and/or 3rd Party Procurement and Logistics personnel.
- Update Projects, Buyers and Logistics Personnel on issues or variations to plans/schedules.
- Assist the Project Teams as required for planning of operations, advising Buyers and Projects on preferred methodologies for managing transport requirements.
- Effective management of Port Logistics and Vessel Agents.
- Supporting the Leadership Team as appropriate, completing specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long term Company strategy.
- Relevant Logistics experience in the Oil & Gas Industry for a wide range of goods and services, particularly within a subsea construction environment.
- Experience working with Project Teams and 3rd Party Logistics and Transport organisations
- Full clean UK Driving Licence.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work own initiative.
- Flexible and ability to work out of hours as and when required.
- Dangerous Goods by Air, Road and Sea experience and certificates.
- Forklift Licence.
- Formal CILT Qualification.