Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Project Engineer - Refining
Location: Belle Chasse
Duration: 1 year
The Project Engineer (PE) will work closely with the Sr. Project Manager (PM) and provide technical expertise and leadership in the development of refinery capital projects ranging from $0.3MM to $35MM. The Project engineer will work closely with other contract engineering firms, owner discipline engineering subject matter experts (SME's), inspection, operations and maintenance teams.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Providing single point of accountability and coordination of multi discipline project engineering teams
Effectively champion and steward project safety, safety in design, environmental requirements, engineering quality, project costs and project schedule
Identify, facilitate and champion appropriate project specific value improving practices (VIP's)
Effectively champion and steward refinery process safety management (PSM) process and procedures including management of change (MOC), Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) etc.
Refinery Engineering Practices (REP's) and Alliance Refinery Engineering Practices (AREP's). As needed, initiate and facilitate deviations.
Effectively facilitate, champion and coordinate operational, maintenance and turnaround team's involvement to ensure project operability and maintainability
Ability to author and maintain scope, cost and schedule progress reports, costs, forecasts and schedules
Effectively facilitate, coordinate and document review meetings and technical proceedings
Initiates & applies document control procedures
Establish tracking document registers of all documentation relating to the project and facilitate resolution and closure
Execute and facilitate project closure
1. Bachelor's Degree, Mechanical Engineer
2. Five (5) or more years of oil refining or chemical experience
3. Two (2) or more years of oil refining or petrochemical experience with projects greater than $0.3MM, either as a project engineer or engineering discipline lead.
4. Has clearly demonstrated strong engineering competence and critical problem-solving skills in team work environments.
5. Strong written and oral communication skills
6. Energetic, self-starter that works well and interacts well within a team environment
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications; Excel, Outllook, Word, PowerPoint
8. Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
9. Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
10. Must maintain a current valid driver's license
11. Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm
1. Two (2) or more years' experience
2. Competent in the practice and understanding of the capital project gated processes
4. Familiar with value improving practices (VIP's)
5. Experience in PSM, PHA and MOC practices and processes
6. Construction field engineering experience
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.