Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Compile and analyze trends related to HSE leading and lagging performance indicators. Provide advice, support, assistance and services to company personnel in issues related to data analysis, risk assessment, incident analysis, and the HSE Management System. Coordinate and assist in performing incident analyses. Assist the HSE Manager - Global Support where appropriate.
- Participate in, and facilitate, the departmental review of HSE incidents related to injuries / illnesses, Operational Integrity and the environment including Near Hits. Collate output data.
- Review company HSE incident data for injuries / illnesses, Operational Integrity and the environment including Near Hits. Analyze the data and report on trends and significant findings.
- Support the 'Leading Indicator' initiative. Manage content and scheduling. Monitor and review output data. Report on trends.
- Participate in the Quality Review of incident investigation reports. Review the results and report on trends and significant findings.
- Support the preparation of the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual HSE status reports to the company.
- Provide input to internal and external communications as related to HSE data.
- Support the reporting of HSE data to external parties (e.g. IADC, regulators) as required.
- Assist other Functions with data requests for HSE related issues.
- Provide HSE support to Operations in meetings with customers, regulators and executive management as required. Provide input and support for HSE related IT applications and initiatives as required. Assist with the development, scheduling and facilitation of OI & HSE initiatives as needed.
Relevant 4 year degree preferred or relevant professional experience.
Experience in data collection and analysis. Preferred emphasis on HSE within an industrial setting.
Excellent working knowledge of business intelligence tools / software e.g. Tableau. Excellent problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision. Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
Ability to use good judgment to develop best methodology for analysis of each data set and present findings in an understandable manner to end users.
Ability to determine the best methodology for analysis of each data set.
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.