Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Cost Analyst contract position located in Aberdeen, Westhill.
This position will contribute significantly to the Asset's ability to optimise the cost performance, ensuring that decisions can be taken with full knowledge and understanding of budget and cost impact. The integrity of the data captured and the extent of challenge that is exercised by this role is imperative to the quality of the budgets, future forecasting and analysis of expenditure within the Asset.
This position will supervise the Cost Analyst and have the responsibility of challenging forecasts and expenditure to ensure 'value for money' and consistency of approach within context of a complex and dynamic environment; covering client Operations, Project, Transportation & Tariff costs.
- Provide assistance to embed a culture of continuous cost efficiency improvement across the Asset, by:
- Proactively highlighting overall trends of costs and gap analysis
- Raising awareness of cost drivers and measures
- Evaluating technical/commercial aspects of commitment proposals
- Responsible for carrying out regular reviews by the team with the Budget Holders and Contract Manager/Reps to report ongoing progress, review any significant activity changes, highlight any areas of concern and identify corrective actions.
- Provide detailed and summarised cost estimates of scopes for discussion/approval by management/proponent for inclusion into Valcom presentations, commercial aspects of decisions, AFEs and Budgets.
- Highlight overall trend of costs and gap analysis; ensuring full allocation of Organisation costs.
- Provide assistance to costing new initiatives, improvements for evaluation.
Budgets & Forecasts
- Develop and maintain the Budgets and Forecasts and take responsibility for the content and cost reporting of this data.
- Ensure that data meets with Company and Joint Venture requirements and adheres to the relevant timetable/deadlines.
- Liaise with all other the cost control teams to ensure consistent work scopes and budget scenarios.
SOX & Internal Control
- Ensure compliance with all internal control and SOX procedures.
- Compile and issue all aspects of costs reporting to Management, Finance, JV Partners; ensuring appropriate commentary and graphics are developed for each report.
- Consolidate the reporting for the client Asset, including Transportation & Tariffs.
- Provide supervision and coaching to the Cost Analyst.
- Actively participate in external and internal Audits, as required and agreed by the asset/company management.
- Participate in JV Partner meetings (Finance Committee, Operations Committee) and provide support to Partners to ensure timely approvals are gained
- Degree holder and/or qualified accountant (CIMA) typically with 5-10 years/relevant post-qualifying experience preferably in the Oil and Gas industry in a business, commercial or finance environment.
- Good understanding of the technical operations of operating assets within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience of budget preparation, cost control and planning within a large organisation.
- Excellent analytical skills and a sound knowledge of financial analysis techniques and economic measures.
- Knowledge of Accounting and Reporting standards.
- Computer literate with experience of various applications (primarily SAP, Excel and PowerPoint).