Our Client is looking for a workshop supervisor contract position, location in Aberdeen.
An onshore based workshop supervisory role including hands on and office-based responsibilities
- Ensure all personnel and visitors wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Execute the work instructions issued by the Workshop Manager. These instructions will cover the repair, maintenance, testing and operation of equipment. You will also be involved in some fabrication work and any other works relating to mobilisation and demobilisation of the Diamond Wire Cutting Spreads.
- Ensure all maintenance check sheet are properly filled in, signed and that the work has been carried out in line with the check sheets.
- Organise, supervise and work alongside all personnel allocated to the workshop activities to ensure that all works are performed safely and efficiently, with due care for the welfare of the people and respect for the property.
- Carry out cover when Workshop Manager is on Leave.
- Promote and maintain good working practices and discipline amongst the employees performing their duties under your supervision.
- Actively promote the building up of strong Team Spirit and, most importantly, mutual respect and support for each other.
- In conjunction with the Workshop Manager, ensure all maintenance records for hire equipment and workshop equipment are kept up to date and filed.
- Ensure all electrical workshop equipment is calibrated and PAT tested.
- Ensure all tools and toolboxes and kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure personnel keep workstations clean and tidy and carry out good housekeeping.
- Ensure that the workshop and the yard are kept well organised and tidy at all times.
- Maintain the Water Tank and supporting equipment always secured and safe to prevent access to unauthorised personnel thus avoiding situations of danger.
- An engineering workshop background with basic mechanical/hydraulic skills is required.
- 8T (B2) Forklift license and banksman/slinging certificate desirable
- At least 3 years' supervisory experience