Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Project Manager III position is an expert IT professional providing seasoned expertise in project management skills for the execution of IT related projects. Typically oversees the planning, delivery and execution of more than 5 small projects or 2 to 3 large projects at a time. Provides guidance to junior staff in executing project management procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with the business area, vendors, and other relevant areas of IT
- Conducts feasibility, risk, regulatory compliance, and ROI analysis for proposed projects. Presents a recommendation related to project feasibility.
- Leads the development of RFP/RFI process
- Determines project timelines, milestones and actionable tasks using appropriate tools
- Provides project assignments, manages project scope and ensures the quality of deliverables
- Interfaces with customers and management to manage expectations, provide status updates on project and discuss concerns
- Integrates the work of large teams and multiple vendors to deliver project success, ensures appropriate inclusion and representation
- Manages and is accountable for execution to achieve desired & agreed upon stakeholder objectives and requirements
- Conducts post-implementation review of project to ensure objectives were met, and to document and learn from any problems encountered
- Contributes to the PMO review of all PMO processes and SDLC
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Five years of hands-on technical experience in information technology or related field
- Developing expertise across one or more domains areas of IT
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Five to seven years of hands-on functional experience in information technology or related field
- Five to seven years of hands-on supervisory experience in information technology or related field
- Five to seven years of project management experience with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated expertise across one or more domains areas of IT
- Accountability - Level Three
- Excellence - Level Two
- Innovation - Level Two
- Safety - Level Two
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Level Three
- Communication - Level Three
- Decision Making - Level Three
- Leadership - Level Two
- IT Environment - Level Three
- IT Standards, Procedures, Policies - Level Three
- IT Project Planning and Organization - Level Three
- IT Project Management - Level Two
- Workflow Analysis - Level Three
- Business Assessment - Level Two
- IT Project Control and Reporting - Level Two
- IT Industry: Trends and Directions - Level Two
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.