Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
NES Global Talent is looking for an Electrical Engineer with an Owner/Operator background to manage the EPC on a multi-billion dollar greenfield petrochemical project.
- Meet and communicate with EPC contractor
- Interdisciplinary communication within Owner project team.
- Review electrical specifications, data sheets and other design documents; provide written comments to EPC Contractor within given time frame
- Review inspection test plans related to electrical equipment.
- Review and participate in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) & Site Acceptance Test.
- Knowledge of commissioning and start-up; site checks and first operation.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to the EPC vendor and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of the project.
- Participates in reviews of One line diagrams.
- Participates in the preparation of electrical equipment lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- Supervises and directs the activities of other personnel in his team.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years' experience in Electrical Medium voltage area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
- Methanol experience is preferred.
- Chemicals experience is required.
- Experience as an Owner engineer, on site or as part of project team is required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.