Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Human Resources Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Reporting to the Director, Community Relations and Sustainability, the Sustainability Specialist will support the development and implementation of company-wide sustainability strategy, policy, programs, training and reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support development and execution of Community Relations and Sustainability policies and programs
- Support preparation of internal and external sustainability reporting (Corporate Sustainability Report, CDP, SDG, other ESG Reports, etc.) and address ad hoc requests
- Contribute towards internal and external sustainability goal setting and action plans
- Collaborate with the internal functions to support the development a coordinated sustainability roadmap to deliver the Company's commitments.
- Collaborate with Internal Communications to communicate sustainability projects and programs across the company
- Track and monitor company sustainability metrics and drive continuous improvement
- Keep abreast of sustainability industry trends to identify best practices
- Support execution of community relations programming and related employee engagement initiatives.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in sustainability, environmental science, environmental management, environmental science & policy, or related field preferred
- 5-7 years business experience or equivalent professional experience; Oil & Gas experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of technical practices in monitoring and measuring environmental footprints
- Experience contributing to the development and publication of Sustainability and Environmental Reporting using established frameworks (GRI, CDP, UN SDGs, IPIECA, etc.)
- Experience with Environmental, Social and Governance rating entities (ISS, MSCI, SASB, TFCD, Sustainalytics, etc.) preferred
- Excellent research skills, comprehension, and ability to simplify the presentation of technical information and its implications to a wide array of audiences, including upper management.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret and translate large sets of data into simple, actionable insights or reports
- Experience with approaches to managing for consistent and accurate responses and data collection, including leveraging IT solutions as applicable
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A team player; demonstrated ability to establish rapport, trust, and effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong organizational skills - can manage day-to-day tactics and drive projects to desired end-results within deadlines
- Must be willing to travel globally, including remote and offshore locations (Up to 30%)
- Must be able to flex schedule to cover company events occurring outside of normal work hours, as needed
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.