Job Duties / Responsibilities
Targa Resources Corp, a midstream natural gas company, has an immediate opening for an Environmental Specialist specializing in National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA), Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Section 106, and Cultural Resources, and related state and local programs for its oil and gas facilities in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and North Dakota along with marine terminal operations in other states such as Texas and Mississippi. The responsibilities and duties of this position include the following:
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Work directly with Targa Project Managers and Land/ROW agents on proposed pipeline routes.
- Provide guidance on the applicability and requirements of NEPA, Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Section 106 of the NHPA and Cultural Resources for these projects.
- Work with Targa GIS to review High Consequence Area (HCA) for proposed pipeline projects.
- Manage consultants who may be performing the required regulatory reviews for these projects. Review their documents and provide project status reports to the Targa engineers.
- Perform (or review) waters of the United States determinations and delineations.
- Review Biological Assessments and Endangered Species assessments for projects, including those BAs completed for EPA Greenhouse Gas Permits. Work directly with USFW, consultant, and Targa legal during consultation.
- Prepare (or review) Section 404 and Section 10 permits for USACE.
- Review technical reports that meet the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Historic Preservation and other federal and state review agency standards and guidelines
- Provide guidance to Targa on regulatory developments related to endangered species, USACE, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and other related regulations.
- Work directly with engineering, operations, and other ES&H staff members on NEPA related programs on the state level, such as CEQA in California.
- Participate in the Gas Processors Association (GPA) Environmental Subcommittee - Natural Resources.
- Provide guidance to Targa field personnel on these related topics and issues.
- Assist with due diligence.
- Manage contractors and consultants, as needed.
- Assist in the implementation and modification of related EHS programs and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Travel to job sites and project sites as needed. Assume travel at least 10%.
- B.S. in Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Engineering or related science such as Chemistry, Biology, or Archaeology. Related environmental experience in industry would be considered instead where the candidate meets the other job expectations.
- 3+ years of directly related experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Physical ability to work out in the plant site, walk the pipeline routes, and accompany regulators on project tours.
- Fluent English verbal and written skills.
- Ability to travel overnight periodically, and with advance notice, away from Houston.
- Experience performing National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA), Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species, Section 106 and Cultural Resources work on pipeline projects.
- Demonstration of effective project management skills.
- Related work experience in an oil and gas or consulting environment through previous work.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company (regulatory agencies, contractors, consultants).
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note - Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.