Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Advisor Organisation Development (OD) role is a senior position within the OD & Learning Centre of Excellence, reporting to the VP OD & Learning (OD&L). As a senior OD consultant and a co-owner of Shell's OD and Change methods, tools, thought capital, the primary purpose of the role is to:
- Drive company competitiveness through proactively building the organisational capability of the Group
- Tackle Shell Group challenges and deliver group-wide programmes and initiatives
- Select the right external intellectual property, thought leadership and external research to strengthen Shell's Organisation Development and Change Management philosophies, approaches and Tools
- Deepen OD and Change Management competence amongst practitioners in the wider Organisation
The Senior Advisor Organisation Development will support VP Organisation Development & Learning (as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor) to:
- Drive the Shell Group / Executive OD and Change Agenda
- Identify, prioritise and diagnose critical organisational health issues affecting delivery of the strategy (at Shell Group level)
- Externally attract the right talent for the OD and Change community as a whole
- Build an OD and Change cadre of highly experienced, internally respected and externally recognized professionals
- Provide expert coaching and advice to OD and Change practitioners (specialists and generalists) across the Business
- Ensure that the OD and Change approaches, methods and tools are fit for purpose for the business challenges
- Curate and generate thought leadership and translate this into actionable insights for Shell
- Select and manage a best-in-class community of external consultancies and thought leaders
- Actively generate and leverage meaningful insights from HR Analytics
- Build strong alliances within HR and with senior line Managers
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Externally recognised, internally credible thought leader in Organisation Development (aspects of Diagnosis, Design, Development) and Change Management (transformational, programmatic, continuous improvement)with extensive experience in designing and delivering strategic OD and change interventions.
- Proven track record in working as trusted advisor at Business Director/EVP level on strategic OD and Change challenges and influencing effectively at different organisational levels.
- Experience in coaching and developing others (developing deep competence in others in OD capability development/coaching)
- Proven OD intervention delivery track record (strong planning and execution discipline; delivering high quality, high impact solutions and interventions)
- Courage and determination to challenge current practices and orthodoxies, challenge senior leaders while maintaining effective relationships
- Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
- Confidence and ability to work in high-ambiguity work Environment
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video