Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Gas Marketing Volume Actualization Analyst for their Houston, TX office.
- Serve as the Liaison between Scheduling and the Mid and Back Office Teams
- Balance pipelines in Allegro. Validate that volumes on all Allegro pipeline interconnects are appropriately cleared by Scheduling and that any remaining imbalances with the pipelines are tied out and moved to the imbalance and / or cash-out trades as appropriate
- Establish a process for Volume Actualization in Allegro including reconciling volume variances to the pipeline EBBs and pipeline invoices. As pipeline volume is actualized, ensure that Gas Marketing's respective counterparty purchase and sale activity remains balanced
- Reconcile volume variances with Counterparties and ensure that any resulting economic differences are resolved and / or explained
- Ensure that the inventory valuation for rolling imbalances are properly reflected in Allegro and booked by Accounting
- Ensure that the cash-outs are appropriately valued and tie to the pipeline statements, work towards automating cash-out price index baskets in Allegro where practical
- Model and Set up the Storage and short term Park and Loan valuation processes in Allegro
- Work with Scheduling to test new natural gas module in Allegro for upgrade
Lead / Supervise Junior Analyst
- Validate that the Analyst has resolved all purchase and sale activity with 3rd party customers each month. Document any unresolved discrepancies and communicate plan of action and timelines for resolution to Scheduling, Management, and Accounting
- Ensure that Analyst updates all resolved variances in Allegro before Accounting Close Deadlines
- Assist with Estimate to Actual variance explanations where necessary
- Knowledge of Trading Activity in ERP with Oracle Financial Cloud experience preferred but not required
Qualifications, Education, & Experience for Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
- Experience with Allegro and Volume Actualization Screens
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required
- Strong communication and documentation skills, including the ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management
- Motivated, self-directed and detail-oriented, while also maintaining a results-driven approach to work; also takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to recognize and research irregularities and inconsistencies
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to work extended work hours on a routine basis
- Excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail, including organization of work papers
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner
- Capable of establishing effective working relationships that promote teamwork and collaboration
- Effective interaction with deal entry, confirmations, scheduling, and tax among other departments across the company
- Ability to remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused when faced with challenging situations
- General understanding of the midstream natural gas industry is preferred, but not required
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.