Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, Mexico
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Mexico
We are currently recruiting an Operation Geologist for our activities in Mexico. The key responsibilities will be to provide support to wellsite operations, follow-up the drilling progress, and analyse the daily geological and drilling reports received from the field.
The Key responsibilities are:
• Evaluating offset data before the start of drilling
• Analyzing formations while drilling, using gas, FEMWD (formation evaluation measurement while drilling) and wireline data
• Stratigraphic Correlation;
• Supervising operations personnel on-site and in the operations office;
• Supervising mudlogging, and wireline services personnel and monitoring quality control in relation to these services;
• Keeping detailed records, writing reports, completing daily, weekly and post-well reporting logs and sending these to appropriate departments;
• Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of MWD (measuring while drilling) tools, such as gamma and resistivity;
• Communicating regularly with the geologist onboard of the drilling Rig;
• Reporting to Government Agency following their procedure (CNH-CNIH);
Permanent, local, residential
• Knowledge on management processes
• Advanced Excel knowledge.
• Problem solving
• Planning target control
• Ability to balance team and individual goals and have a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Basic skills in skills in log analysis or petro-physics
• Basic Working knowledge of drilling operations, logging operations with particular focused on pressure points acquisition , pressure analysis,
• Report/interface with Government Agency (CNH-CNIH);
• Basic of Well Control;
• Bachelors of Science in Geology
• 5 years minimum experience in petroleum industry with major oil & gas Exploration Company or with a service company such as mud-logging, or wire-line logging operations (preferable).
• Fluency in English
"Build the future of energy"