Skills: Casing, Roustabout
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rock Springs, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Shop Technician (TSTI).
Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and running tools to enable carrying out operational activities.
• Maintain and prepare all equipment including tongs, CDS tool, slips, etc.
• Troubleshoot problems quickly and accurately.
• Repair tools and equipment as needed. If unsure of repair needed ask for direction.
• Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, including flexibility in schedule due to changing business needs.
• Maintain a neat and safe workspace.
• Identity safety hazards of mechanic shop & make necessary corrections.
• Utilize computer for safety training and goal setting.
• Correspond with vendors regarding procuring of necessary parts and supplies.
• Attend all safety meetings.
• Comply to all Nabors policies and or policies of customers.
• All other duties as assigned.
- Required to have a current valid driver's license
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Required to have reliable transportation to get to work on time every day
- Required to reside within a one (1) hour drive of this location
- Required to be able to work in remote locations
- Required to work all shifts and days of the week
- Previous oilfield experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined, hydraulic/electrical
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to multi-task, be well organized both cooperatively and independently
- May be asked to operate a company vehicle
- Safety and service oriented
- Good problem solving skills
- Communication with the rig crew and shop personnel
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time. Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time
- Requires the ability to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time
- Requires the ability to talk to hear more than 2/3 of the time
- Requires the ability to work prolonged hours in some circumstances
- Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassiste
- Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires the ability to go up and down stairs
- Repetitive motion
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.