The successful candidate will be part of the extended Brockville Management Team and will work closely with the Americas Performance & Development team to deliver capital and other growth opportunities in the plant.
Reporting to the Brockville Plant Manager, the purpose of the Plant Engineer is to provide maintenance and operations engineering support
, as well as to coordinate and deliver small capital projects at the Shell Brockville Lube Oil Blending Plant.Responsibilities:
- Provide Operations Technical Support (OTS) to Bulk, Packaging and Warehouse operations.
- Ensure Safe Production (ESP): work with Operations to ensure the asset can operate cost-effectively within safe and optimal limits.
- Plan and deliver plant changes within the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Identify and deliver Continuous Improvement and development design and opportunities within plant operations in plant operations.
- Support plant compliance with Health, Security, Safety and Environment (HSSE) control framework and Quality (ISO, IATF) requirements, including audit participation and closure in all aspects of projects
- Provide plant maintenance & reliability engineering support.
- Support maintenance in delivering yearly unit plant operational expenditures (OPEX) plan.
- Hold contract user and holder role in maintenance contract management.
- End-to-end delivery of small capital projects and equipment purchases
- Provide indirect leadership to 2 Project Field Coordinators and project contractors across multiple disciplines.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in engineering and/or project management.
- Proven experience in a Manufacturing, Industrial or Oil & Gas environment is preferred.
- Experienced in Hazard and Risk Analysis
- Can collaborate with a team.
- Previous leadership/supervision experience an asset.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.