Skills: Executive, HR - General
Other Skills: HR supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Saudi Arabia
Ensco is currently growing in Saudi Arabia and is seeking to employ a talented and motivated HR Supervisor with past experience in offshore drilling. Located in Al-Khobar, the HR Supervisor will manage a team of HRBPs and coordinators that cover the full spectrum of HR activities in Saudi Arabia.
The scope of the HR Supervisor role covers leading the operations of the HR team based in Saudi.
He/she is directly responsible for overseeing the human resources team, including setting policies and mentoring staff while coaching, developing and implementing company and departmental strategies to increase employee satisfaction. Due to local nationalization plan, this position is only opens to Saudi Citizens.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in a HR support / management role preferably in the offshore drilling industry.
- Saudi nationals only
- Thorough understanding of Saudi labor law
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Process oriented, detailed, and analytical
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle large volume of work
- High initiative, self-motivated and collaborative
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the HR team on day to day responsibilities and tasks.
- Management of the HR team to achieve organizational goals in a timely manner
- To evaluate and determine delegation and monitoring of HR projects
- To monitor career development and training of the HR team
- Providing HR advice and assistance to Rig Managers and Rig Supervisors on all issues relating to HR management procedures, including the interpretation and administration of established HR policies and processes.
- Ensuring the Company's compliance with all local employment laws.
- Monitoring the progress of district operations regarding compliance with the business unit's approved Training Matrix.
- Ensuring compliance with nationalization targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
HR Supervisor reports directly to the Saudi Manager - Human Resources.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Commitment to Ensco's high standard of safety and willing and able to comply with all safety laws, as well as Ensco's safety policies standards and procedures
- Able to display commitment to Ensco's safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Strong leadership and Decision-making skills
- Knowledge of local labor laws and regulations
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS version 8.9 or greater preferred
- General knowledge of offshore drilling rig operations and good understanding of the various roles & responsibilities on-board an offshore drilling rig
- Good PC skills, especially Microsoft Office
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Process oriented, detailed, and analytical.
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle large volume of work.
- High initiative, self-motivated and collaborative.
- Trustworthy with excellent judgement.
- Positive and professional attitude. Display high work ethics and integrity at all times.
- Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively alone and as part of a team on projects.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter stating salary expectations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Ensco is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco's Vision & Values
Ensco is constantly looking for new talent. As the offshore driller of choice, we will go beyond what is expected to achieve a safe zero-incident workplace and to be the clear choice among employees, customer and investors. Are you looking for your next opportunity? See if you have what it takes to join our team, and if you see yourself within our Core Values.
Ensco's Core Values
No harm to people, property or to the environment
Success for employees, customer and shareholders
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.
Ensco is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.