Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries (NYSE: NBR) owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Business Development Manager- Nabors Drilling Technologies USA is responsible for new business development and the maintenance of existing business relationships for the Permian Basin. Located in Midland/Odessa. Identifies account activity and develops business acquisition strategies. Presents proposals to customers and obtains contracts to increase market share and profitability.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for marketing Nabors rigs, directional drilling services, performance tools, and associated services to customers in assigned territory (Midland, Odessa - West Texas.)
• Develop new and expand established business.
• Increase sales volume through direct sales efforts, such as calling on key clients, preparing proposals, and following up with customers.
• Establish professional customer relationships with appropriate customer staff
• Initiate customer follow-up on a regular basis
• Present company products to individuals or groups.
• Provide continuous updates on customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and meetings; ensure sales activity is tracked properly and is updated at all times
• Negotiate prices and terms of sales with clients in accordance to company policy
• Become familiar with market needs, competition and trends through customer calls, industry contacts and participation in industry organizations, trade shows and conferences
• Keep management and sales team members informed of all relevant activity
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technical, or Business
- Existing relationships with Midland area oil & gas companies
- Knowledge of drilling and rig equipment
- Experienced in sales and marketing of directional drilling services
- Experienced in generating proposals and working through negotiations
- Experienced in organizing sales calls and schedules with detailed reporting
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail focused, self-motivated and team oriented
- Must have superior time management and organization
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.