- Perform chemical and physical tests on crude oils, process streams, petroleum products, petrochemical products, by-products, chemical products, additives and aqueous samples and other related responsibilities.
- Quality control laboratory testing of raw materials and finished products.
- Operate and maintain appropriate laboratory equipment, ensuring that they are in optimal condition.
- Conduct calibration and validation checks on laboratory equipment
- Work with Laboratory Information Management System to manage and interpret data to determine if products meet specification and certifying products for sale to end customers.
- Trouble-shoot problems related to laboratory equipment and tests methods used.
- Perform and carried out other related duties as required.
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- NITEC in Chemical Process Technology or Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant Laboratory experience in chemical/oil & gas industry
- This position requires the candidate to be able to distinguish colours
- Must be able to perform 12 hours shift
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.