- Responds to fire, rescue and other related emergencies
- Participates in emergency operations and when assigned, takes charge of full-time or auxiliary fire-fighters at scenes of emergency
- Participates in pre-planning fire exercise, fire service drills and 'live' fire training, major fire incident exercises and/or other major emergency exercises
- Supervises and/or participate in 'watch duties' at 'Hotwork' and 'Toxic Environment' locations to perform immediate fire-fighting/rescue assistance in the event of an emergency
- Supervises and/or undertakes housekeeping of fire station premises including the equipment store and work area
- Assist Senior Fire Officer in and/or undertake the testing of fixed fire protection systems installed at wharves, tankfarm, Pumps Manifolds, filling facilities and LPG Tankfarm
- Maintains Station Log, daily attendance, routine checklists and other miscellaneous records
- Test, inspect and maintain fire-fighting systems and equipment
- Maintain competency in fire-fighting, Hazmat and Rescue
- Performs standby duty and provides supervisory and/or manpower back-up to Fire Section
Shell is one of the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Possess a NITEC or Polytechnic Diploma
- Class 3, 4 or 5 driving License
- Has served as a Fireman in a fire station
- Must be able to perform shift work
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.