Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Design Engineer, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an Automation Specialist based in their Tulsa, OK office.
The Automation Specialist is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Targa Pipeline Gas Plant Automation HMI\PLC hardware, software systems, related process control systems to ensure reliable gas plant operations.
Essential Job Functions & Key Responsibilites:
- Develop and maintain design standards, templates and tools for the Gas Plant Automation HMI\PLC Systems
- Work closely with Engineering, and Operations to ensure the Gas Plant Automation HMI\PLC System is being developed to established standards
- Work closely with O&M groups to ensure the efficient and reliable delivery of fully functional and maintainable systems, as well as provide expertise for ongoing operational support
- Collaborate daily with internal and external customer(s) to determine operational needs and requirements of Plant Automation HMI\PLC systems.
- Provide daily operational support for Plant Automation HMI\PLC systems.
- Project management Gas Plant Automation HMI\PLC system projects, including engineering oversight, task management, and implementing lessons learned found during project execution.
- Position will require travel (less than 50%)
- Prepare and provide training for third party integrators and automation engineers on the use and implementation of standards, tools and templates created by this role Other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Design/analysis experience in automation design.
- Design/analysis experience with software HMI\PLC\DCS systems.
- HMI and PLC\DCS Systems Design Engineering with 5+ years' experience
- In depth knowledge and project design experience with HMI Systems and PLC\DCS with end to end responsibility.
- In depth knowledge with Allen Bradly PLCs, Controllogix, Compactlogix, and slc500 and micrologix1400.
- Familiarity with other PLCs, GE, Modicon, Scadapack a plus
- In depth knowledge of industry standard HMI software and platforms - Wonderware System Platform and Rockwell FactoryTalk.
- Familiarity with DSC system, DeltaV, Honeywell, and GE Matrix a plus
- Familiarity with programming languages, UI design, databases
- Highly organized individuals capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical writing skills for the development of design standards and specifications
- Ability to collaborate as a team and act as a team leader in a group of cross functional engineers
- User knowledge with AutoCAD, Visio, Ms Office and Ms Project, Excel
- Knowledge of electrical design, materials and methods installation.
- Vision sufficient to read computer screens, reports and related documents
- Hearing sufficient to hear verbal instruction and normal conversation levels
- Speech sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone
- Dexterity sufficient to operate computers and other related office equipment
- Strength sufficient to lift, carry and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Endurance sufficient to maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift
Preferred Behavioral Competencies
- Ethics & Integrity - adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Analytical - the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Communication - the individual speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentations skills and conducts meetings.
- Decision Quality - makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment, most solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time.
- Building Effective Teams - create strong morale and spirit within the team, shares wins and successes, fosters open dialogue, defines success in terms of the whole team, and creates feeling of belonging in the team.
- Drive for Results - exceeds goals successfully, steadfastly pushes self for results
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview . We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.