Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Workshop Technician (Electronic / Electrical) permanent position, location in Aberdeen
To prepare, test and maintain ROV systems, sub systems, assets and all associated equipment.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the company Integrate Management System and project specific documentation;
- To ensure that all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution;
- To identify personal training needs, bring them to the attention of the department manager and to take full advantage of the training opportunities provided;
- Adherence, at all times, to all Company health, safety, environmental, quality procedures, work instructions, technical instructions and maintenance guidelines;
- Regularly review HSE & QA procedures/processes/technical instructions in order to ensure they reflect current working practices;
- To undertake testing, maintenance, preparation, repair and certification of all types of ROV systems, associated equipment belonging to the Company and working as part of a team;
- Ensure all testing, operations, processes and daily checks are performed in accordance to company policies and procedures;
- Maintain and update all documentation associated with fault repair and equipment preparation in accordance with company processes/procedures;
- Undertake Risk Assessments and Toolbox Talks prior to the commencement of works;
- Continually seek the identification of new working methods and/or technology and/or cost reductions to improve performance;
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained within the Workshop and responsible/assigned areas;
- Ensure safe load out of systems and equipment for mobilisation / de-mobilisation;
- Provide technical and operational support to meet business requirements as directed by Workshop Manager or if required by Manager Operations Asset Resources;
- Ensure that safe working practices are upheld with due care for self and others;
- Maintain and encourage sound working relations and morale with personnel allocated to the workshop and warehouse.
- ONC / HNC / City and Guilds in suitable Electronic / Electrical discipline.
- HND Electronic / Electrical Engineering
- Recognised High Voltage training
Experience / Knowledge Required
- Experience working on electronics/electrical systems in a workshop or offshore environment.
- Previous experience working on ROV systems in
- Electrical / Electronics - good standard of basic knowledge.
- Electronic / electrical fault finding skills.
- Able to test electrical / electronic equipment, using standard test equipment.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, procedures, and use of equipment required for the repair and maintenance of various ROV and associated sub systems.
- Knowledge of integration, testing and operation of various sensors that are installed on an ROV.
- Able to read, comprehend and be able to follow wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, OEM manuals and engineering instructions.
- Good workshop practices and skills.