Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER (NOC SERVICES)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Lead System Engineers, (Network Operation Center's) NOC Service, will be responsible for the strategic on-going planning, design and support of QP's Data Centers Operation, DR & Integrated services thus enabling the department to meet corporate business needs, expectations and business continuity while targeting for optimum Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and maximizing Return on Investment (ROI). The focus oversees and supervises Network Operation Center's (NOC) operations, developing and maintaining DC/DR policies and procedures to ensure continuity of services for the corporation at desired SLA.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering field or Management Information Systems.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 12 years of progressive experience in a directly related field, including at least 5 years of technical experience as Data Centre architect and minimum 5 years supervisory management responsibilities.
• Thorough understanding of UPS, generators, electrical distribution, HVAC, building controls, fire detection & suppression systems.
• Must have updated advanced level professional training/certification in the field of Data Centre Design and Management.
• Working knowledge of managing and operating an Enterprise Network & Systems Monitoring Solutions such as OpManager, Solarwinds or similar solutions.
• Strong architectural skills and expertise within Data Center floor, Power & Cooling.
• Working knowledge of Windows/UNIX Operating Systems (including latest Windows OS, Super Cluster, AIX and Linux RedHat/SUSE), Microsoft System Center, SQL, cloud service providers (Oracle Cloud or Azure or AWS), Cloud Data migration, Cloud backup concepts technologies, networking trends, cabling and storage technologies in order to increase operational efficiencies.
• Desirable knowledge of industry security practices around Data Center.
• Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and recommend IT solutions to meet business objectives.
• Ability to accurately scope technology requirements and objectives as well as effort and difficulty of project tasks. Knowledgeable with Microsoft Project & Visio.
• Good knowledge of techniques used to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients; excellent people management skills coupled with strong leadership and motivating skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Familiarity with international standards and corporate Policies & Procedures to ensure adherence and compliance to corporate policies, procedures and standards.
• Domain knowledge of Oil and Gas business is desired.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.